Tuesday 31 January 2012

Simple pleasures...


It's the last day of January and finally, winter seems to be arriving. It's cold outside but I am sitting here with a steaming mug of tea and a couple of lemon shortbreads I made earlier this morning. Bliss!

The pond I can see just outside the window appears quiet but I know that the frogs started arriving a couple of weeks ago for their annual rendezvous and are hiding somewhere under the surface, together with a family of newts we spotted the other day.

My attempt at making lemon shortbreads has actually been quite successful - maybe some of them are a tiny bit too brown but overall they taste lovely, light and lemony. I covered half of the biscuits with lemon icing and left the others plain. Obviously, I had to try both kinds... :-)

How lucky I am to be able to sit here, warm and comfortable, watch nature & enjoy homemade food! I feel very blessed indeed!

I found this article when looking for a good shortbread recipe and thought I'd share it with you.  Some great tips on how to make the perfect shortbread plus a good basic recipe that's easy to follow...please click here to be directed to the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment