Monday 2 April 2012

Bloomin' marvellous...

It's been a stunning weekend full of sunshine, relaxing with friends and having good food!  We made ice cream - one was vanilla with millionaire shortbread chunks, the other was kiwi sorbet and both were very yummy indeed!  Can you think of anything better than sitting on the lawn with friends and indulging in a homemade treat? :-) 

More and more flowers and bushes are coming into bloom and the garden looks beautiful as does the park across the road.  It is supposed to be getting cooler over the next few days, so I hope the blossoms won't suffer too much.

I noticed a few days ago that the potato plants are slowly beginning to come through the soil in the grow bags, so they will need earthing up soon.  No sign yet of the broad beans germinating but apparently that takes a little while (several weeks if I am not mistaken).  Off to the garden centre tomorrow to get more seeds...lettuce and peppers if I can restrain myself from buying any others... 

The little tomato plants are coming along leaps and bounds and I will have to replant them shortly into bigger pots.  Can't believe how much growing they have done in such a short space of time!  I really do hope that they will bear some lovely tomatoes for us in a couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment