Tuesday 1 October 2013

Spicy prawn pasta

Prawn pasta in tomato sauce
It's Tuesday evening and I am sitting here with a cup of tea and a belly full of dinner - not a bad place to be, if you ask me. 

I've been really hungry all day and had to eat much earlier than normal this evening - and it had to be quick.  Luckily, I had some penne pasta in the freezer from last week which could be warmed up very quickly.  With a spicy tomato sauce and king prawns it made for pretty much instant food - tasty and healthy. 

I can't believe I used to buy pasta sauce jars when they are so easy and quick to make.  Simply fry a little onion and garlic, add tomato puree and water, season with salt, pepper and dried herbs (basil, oregano) - it couldn't be easier.  With this one I added a few dried chilli flakes, threw in the prawns and pasta and dinner was on my plate in minutes.

Ideal midweek supper, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment